Skip to main content

Ectomorph The blessed ones



We’re here to talk about…. Myself* ahem… people are often intrigued about my body type. They usually think that I don’t eat anything at all, or maybe I’m being starved to death. Seriously, I’m not. I have been like this starting 6 or 7 years old. This is my real body type. Let me explain.
My body type is named: Ectomorphism or Ectomorph in short. Usually Ectomorph persons are tall in stature. Consider the fact though that my Mother is smaller than me and my Father too, plus our race which is a Filipino. Not to discriminate the height of Filipinos but usually the average height of a Filipino Male:  163.5 cm (5' 4.4")   and Filipino Woman: 151.8 cm (4' 11.8")    according to: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml .com. Literally, I have normal height for an average Filipino woman, my height is 4’11.



As a cute child…

When I was younger, I used to eat a lot especially when my favorite foods are served, Sinigang, or Paksiw. As a child though, I am quite picky when it comes to food. When I was a toddler, anything served in the table, I eat, but as I grew older, my judgement matures, I found out that vegetables did not taste good *except for Toge or bean sprouts, I was actually tricked by my Grandma convincing me it was a Pancit/noodles. When I turned 12, I changed my views about vegetables, usually I eat sitaw or green bean as adobong sitaw. Followed by Kangkong which I loved when served as Sinigang dish. Little by little, I began to love vegetables.



 A young adult like me…

Recently, I was staying at the dormitory at my school and there wouldn’t be any nutritious food around, most of them, served by cooking with oil. My body could not stand the everyday intake of oily foods, I began to have a high blood pressure, nausea and vomiting. Because of this, I became more aware of my daily nutrition.
My diet changed to vegetables, fish, bread, meat but not oily, and chicken often. I also substituted junk foods into fruits. This change is difficult because I had to be the one to cook my own food, and shop them. It’s a sacrifice but I had to or else I don’t wanna end up dead because of only the wrong food I take. It was a big challenge but I began to notice a lot of changes in me. At first, my digestive system did it’s way of disposing the toxins. I also took some C-lium fibre at first but I stopped it because I am not a good water drinker, and it made me constipated if I don’t drink lots and lots of water. Sometimes, I would even have fatigue, and withdrawal symptoms * haha not serious I was only referring to junk foods and fatty foods ~, weeks and weeks passed, I thought nothing was happening, when one day, I couldn’t stop myself and tried to eat mostly salty foods and oily ones in combination. Next thing I knew I almost slept in the bathroom! Seriously everytime I exceed with so much salty, fatty or anything bad for my body, it would excrete it eventually. This was how I was before. This is my real metabolism back then when I haven’t stayed at the dormitory yet. I used to always have a balanced diet at my hometown, and when I got into the dorm, ate unhealthy foods, my health began to decline. It’s like my body now knows which is the good food and the bad food, and it’s started to adapt and make the system better.


Let's discuss...

The Thyroid, located immediately below the larynx on each side is one of the largest endocrine organs. It secretes hormone T3 and T4, both of these hormones profoundly increase the metabolic rate of the body.
Metabolism is known as "break down" or synthesizing of nutrients in the body. 
When the Thyroid Stimulating hormone (stimulates release of T3,T4) induces too many of these hormones, it is referred to as Hyperthyroidism. Whereas in Hypothyroidism, there is diminished or absent thyroid hormone.



Hyperthyroidism vs. Ectomorphism

Back to my topic, me as an ectomorph is not too easy, although most people get envious because I eat a lot and later on, I would excrete them sooner, and then my stomach would be flat again ^^. I often mistaken with the condition called Hyperthyroidism,

Hyperthyroidism

Hyperthyroidism, often referred to as an overactive thyroid, is a condition in which the thyroid gland produces and secretes excessive amounts of the free (not protein bound, and circulating in the blood[1]) thyroid hormones, triiodothyronine (T3) and/or thyroxine (T4). This is the opposite ofhypothyroidism ('sluggish thyroid'), which is the reduced production and secretion of T3 and/or T4.[2] Graves' disease is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism.[3]
by Wikipedia

Causes: 
  • Graves' disease. An autoimmune disease (usually, the most common etiology with 50-80% worldwide, although this varies substantially with location- i.e., 47% in Switzerland (Horst et al., 1987) to 90% in the USA (Hamburger et al. 1981)). Thought to be due to varying levels of iodine in the diet.[12]
High blood levels of thyroid hormones (most accurately termed hyperthyroxinemia) can occur for a number of other reasons:
  • Inflammation of the thyroid is called thyroiditis. There are several different kinds of thyroiditis including Hashimoto's thyroiditis (Hypothyroidism immune-mediated), and subacute thyroiditis(DeQuervain's). These may be initially associated with secretion of excess thyroid hormone, but usually progress to gland dysfunction and, thus, to hormone deficiency and hypothyroidism.
  • Oral consumption of excess thyroid hormone tablets is possible (surreptitious use of thyroid hormone), as is the rare event of consumption of ground beef contaminated with thyroid tissue, and thus thyroid hormone (termed "hamburger hyperthyroidism").
  • Amiodarone, an anti-arrhythmic drug, is structurally similar to thyroxine and may cause either under- or overactivity of the thyroid.
  • Postpartum thyroiditis (PPT) occurs in about 7% of women during the year after they give birth. PPT typically has several phases, the first of which is hyperthyroidism. This form of hyperthyroidism usually corrects itself within weeks or months without the need for treatment.
  • struma ovarii is a rare form of monodermal teratoma that contains mostly thyroid tissue, which leads to hyperthyroidism.
  • Excess iodine consumption notably from algae such as Kelp.
Hypersecretion of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), which in turn is almost always caused by a pituitary adenoma, accounts for much less than 1 percent of hyperthyroidism cases
-Wikipedia

Signs and Symptoms

Exopthalmos- protrusion of eyeballs.
A high state of excitability
Intolerance to heat 
increased sweating
mild to extreme weight loss (sometimes as much as 100 pounds)
Varrying degrees of diarrhea
muscle weakness
nervousness or psychiatric disorders
Extreme Fatigue but inability to sleep
Tremor of the hands


Diagnosis

Basal metabolic rate 
Radioimmunoassay- Concentration of TSH and TSI
·         
T

So, most people think I have hyperthyroidism because of my short stature and below normal weight.
But seriously I have no such signs and symptoms except for fast metabolism, and medical results say I had not such disease.

While Ectomorph persons,
Ectomorph, a human physical type (somatotype) tending toward linearity, as determined by the physique-classification system developed by the American psychologist W.H. Sheldon. Although classification by the Sheldon system is not absolute, a person is classed as an ectomorph if ectomorphy predominates over endomorphy and mesomorphy in his body build. The extreme ectomorph has a thin face with high forehead and receding chin; narrow chest and abdomen; a narrow heart; rather long, thin arms and legs; little body fat and little muscle; but a large skin surface and a large nervous system. If well fed, he does not gain weight easily; if he becomes fat, he is still considered an ectomorph, only overweight. 
By Enclopedia Brittanica


Message...

I  am an Ectomorph and I am proud of it ^^ God has given me such a wonderful blessing! Find out your type of body so that you’ll know how to take good care of it better J  to all ectomorph like me, Love yourself and cherish it, we are truly blessed

If you wanna know your body type:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

Resources:
Guyton Medical Physiology
Wikipedia.com
Encyclopedia Brittanica

Comments

  1. Nice article and thanks for the sharing.
    https://blog.mindvalley.com/ectomorphic/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remedy through nature for Gastric Bleeding or Gastritis

It happened again, but this time I had become completely ignorant since I never felt pain in my stomach since the last episode. If you need to know how I got this condition, head over here . It was all my fault this time I wasn't very careful about what I consumed. I had a combination of incredibly citrus juices and even had an acidic vitamin c right after, there and then after a few hours I had a Shock episode and I kept on trembling involuntarily, I felt so cold and I at that time, I was confused. My EMT had no idea what was happening since I was not able to say anything to him, but he asked what seemed to comfort me and that was pressure and warmth . He covered me with a thermal blanket and had embraced and placed pressure in me, I kept on hyperventilating which I decided to try slow breathing exercises as much as I could and tried to take a little nap. It worked but right after I was burning with a fever which was easy to bring down by frequent water and alcohol towel b

Home remedies for COVID-19 ( an explanation )

This is a further expanded explanation from the steps taken by my friends who survived CoVid-19 the story is on ReshaDollyPrincess blog: All stated solutions are taken in moderate and controlled amounts: 1. Vomiting and Diarrhea Solution a . Rehydration and Isotonic Drinks - Proven studies and researches of how oral solutions helps adults & kids rehydrate with the use of commercially available rehydration or sports drinks source:  https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55115 During Inflammatory and Infectious Diarrhea, disruption of the epithelium due to viral or microbial cause triggers diarrhea. The destruction of the Epithelium would cause the discharge of serum and blood into the lumen, as well as lowered water absorption. Thus, resulting in excess sodium, water, and electrolytes. b. For vomiting, Salted biscuits or corn chips - it has been recommended even to pregnant women who experience nausea and vomiting to try saltine cracke